Accelerate Vigyan Scheme: SERB
Recently, the Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB), has launched a scheme called Accelerate Vigyan (AV) to strengthen scientific research mechanisms in the country.
- Objective: To give more thrust on encouraging high-end scientific research and preparing scientific manpower, which can lead to careers in research and knowledge-based economy.
- Vision: To expand the research base, with three broad goals i.e. consolidation/aggregation of all scientific programs, initiating high-end orientation workshops, and creating opportunities for research internships.
- ABHYAAS Programme: Under it, AV is inviting applications for the winter season (December 2020-January 2021).
- It is an attempt to boost research and development in the country by enabling and grooming potential PG/PhD students by means of developing their research skills in selected areas across different disciplines or fields.
- It has two components: High-End Workshops i.e. KARYASHALA and Research Internships i.e. VRITIKA.
- This is especially important for those researchers who have limited opportunities, access to facilities and infrastructure.
- SAMMOHAN: It has been sub-divided into SAYONJIKA and SANGOSHTI.
- SAYONJIKA is an open-ended program to catalogue the capacity building activities in science and technology supported by all government funding agencies in the country.
- SANGOSHTI is a pre-existing program of SERB for the organisation of workshops.
- Execution: An Inter-Ministerial Overseeing Committee (IMOC) involving all the scientific ministries/departments has been constituted for the purpose of supporting SERB in implementing the AV scheme.
- Capacity Building: The database of skilled manpower developed across different disciplines through all the sub-components of the AV would help in capacity building.
- Social Responsibility: The scheme also seeks to garner the social responsibility of the scientific community in the country.
Published date : 03 Jul 2020 03:11PM