Current Affairs Practice Test (22-28 July 2021)
1. Where will the union government set up Indian Institute of Heritage?
2. How much of national highways has been constructed in 2020-21 according to Ministry for Road Transport and Highways?
A) 13,284 km
B) 13,871 km
C) 13,037 km
D) 13,327 km
3. In which state the Harela festival was celebrated?
A) Madhya Pradesh
4. Where will Telangana government launch ‘Chief Minister’s Dalit Empowerment Scheme’ or ‘Telangana Dalit Bandhu’ on a pilot basis?
5. In which state Banas Dairy the biggest milk cooperative in Asia is situated that has decided to set up a separate cooperative body to generate electricity on its own?
C) Uttar Pradesh
6. With which of the following state/UT Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority collaborated to boost unique agricultural produce that would increase farmers’ income in the region?
A) Himachal Pradesh
D) Jammu and Kashmir
7. Which state has become the first in the country to launch an automated auditory brainstem response system (AABR) under universal new born hearing screening programme?
B) Madhya Pradesh
8. Which high court became the first court in the country to formally start live streaming of proceedings?
B) Himachal Pradesh
9. Which city has become the first in the country where round the clock (24/7) “drink from tap” quality water facility is available?
A) Bodh Gaya
10. For whom Garima Grihas is being set up with the help of community-based organizations by the Union Government?
A) Transgender persons
B) Old people
C) Tribal students
D) Orphanaged students
11. To what per cent unemployment rate for women fell in 2019-20 according to Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) conducted by National Statistical Office (NSO)?
12. Which country, foreign affairs minister namely Abdulla Shahid arrived in India on a 2-day visit?
A) Sri Lanka
13. Where did the Indian Navy and the UK’s largest warship HMS Queen Elizabeth carried out a mega war game featuring a range of complex drills?
A) Bay of Biscay
B) Mediterranean Sea
C) Bay of Bengal
D) Pacific Ocean
14. Which country’s government has announced to develop alternative social media platform for Facebook, Whatsapp named ‘Jogajog’ and ‘Alapan’ respectively?
15. Which country’s company named Sunseap is planning a $2 billion floating solar project on a reservoir in Indonesia?
16. Where did the 12th Edition of Indo-Russia joint Military Exercise INDRA-2021 held?
A) Vishakapatnam, India
B) Kazan, Russia
C) Volgograd, Russia
D) Kochi, India
17. Where did Exercise Cutlass Express 2021 commenced in which Indian Naval Ship (INS) Talwar participated?
A) East Coast of Africa
B) Indian Ocean
C) South China Sea
D) Gulf of Aden
18. How much amount has been sanctioned under Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme?
A) Rs 2.73 lakh crore
B) Rs 4.56 lakh crore
C) Rs 5.87 lakh crore
D) Rs 3.28 lakh crore
19. Which airport Operator has signed an agreement with IBM and Kyndryl to provide best of breed IT solutions to create a new “Airport in a Box” platform?
A) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
B) Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport
C) Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru
D) Chennai International Airport
20. Which bank has launched a co-branded credit card with Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited to enable users to get benefits and reward points for using multiple credit cards in one?
A) IndusInd Bank
B) Yes Bank
C) IDBI Bank
D) ICICI Bank
21. Which of the following is planning to launch Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) in the near future?
A) Reserve bank of India
B) Finance Ministry
C) External Affairs Ministry
D) State Bank of India
22. How much percent India scored in United Nation’s Economic and Social Commission for Asia Pacific’s latest Global Survey on Digital and Sustainable Trade Facilitation?
23. How much amount Union Cabinet approved Production-linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for Specialty Steel with incentives?
A) Rs. 4,881 crore
B) Rs. 5,092 crore
C) Rs. 6,465 crore
D) Rs. 6,322 crore
24. With which payments bank Multilink, a fintech company has partnered to build agent points across India?
A) Paytm payments bank
B) NSDL payments bank
C) Jio payments bank
D) India Post payments bank
25. Which company has partnered with the National Skill Development Corporation to address the shortage of a tech-proficient workforce in India and create career opportunities for millions in the digital economy?
26. Which bank has signed an MoU with IIT Guwahati Technology Incubation Centre (TIC) for funding eligible Startups under the “IND SpringBoard” scheme of the Bank?
A) Union Bank of India
B) Bank of Baroda
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Indian Bank
27. Which of the following has acquired Singapore-headquartered Great Learning for USD 600 million?
28. Which rank did India got in the list of agricultural produce exporters in 2019?
29. What is India’s gross domestic product growth in the current financial year according to Care Ratings?
A) 9.2-9.6 %
B) 8.8-9.0 %
C) 8.6-8.9 %
D) 9.8-10.0 %
30. Which Special Economic Zone (SEZ) has been awarded IGBC Platinum Rating and has become the first SEZ to achieve so?
A) Cheyyar SEZ
B) Vishakhapatnam SEZ
C) Kandla SEZ
D) Surat SEZ
31. What is the expected FY22 growth forecast for India according to International Monetary Fund (IMF)?
32. At which airport the Sarang Helicopter Display Team of the Indian Air Force performed for the first time at the MAKS International Air Show?
A) Ramport Aero
B) Ostafyevo Airport
C) Domodedovo Moscow Airport
D) Zhukovsky International Airport
33. Which city has been stripped of its World Heritage status after a UN committee found developments threatened the value of the city’s waterfront?
34. Which country has unveiled a high-speed maglev train with a designed top speed of 600 KMPH stated to be the world’s fastest ground vehicle?
35. Which institute was ranked 23rd among top 50 Rising Institutions in Nature Index 2021 Materials Science tables?
A) Homi Bhabha National Institute
B) The Institute of Mathematical Sciences
C) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
D) Indian Institute of Science Education and Research
36. Which is the latest country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA), an initiative of India aimed at promoting renewable energy and sustainable development?
37. Which country has launched the world’s largest emissions-trading program?
38. In which city the World’s first 3D-printed steel bridge been opened to the public?
39. Which country has launched a long-delayed lab module, named Nauka, for the International Space Station?
40. Which city has been selected by UNESCO under ‘Historic Urban Landscape Project’, after Gwalior?
41. With which institute the union government has collaborated to set up a National Centre of Excellence for Animation, Visual Effects, Gaming and Comics for creating a world-class talent pool in India to cater to the Indian as well as global industry?
A) IIT Madras
B) IIT Ropar
C) IIT Delhi
D) IIT Bombay
42. In which country Typhoon In-fa disrupted the life?
43. Which company along with US multinational GE joined hands with India’s Science and Technology Research Board (SERB) to conduct fundamental research in the areas of the companies’ interest?
44. Which site has been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in India recently?
A) Lepakshi Temple Andhra Pradesh
B) Kakatiya Rudreshwara (Ramappa) Temple, Telangana
C) Kamakshi Temple Tamil Nadu
D) Shravana Belagola Karnataka
45. Which space company NASA has selected to launch its probe of Jupiter’s moon Europa?
B) Blue Origin
46. In which country Paseo del Prado and Buen Retiro Park situated as they have been added to UNESCO’s World Heritage List?
47. Which of the following has signed an MoU with the C-DAC to train the manpower of the force in advanced technologies and undertake joint projects?
A) Indo-Tibetan Border Police
B) Border Security Force
C) Central Industrial Security Force
D) Central Reserve Police Force
48. Which country became the first country to approve nutrient-enriched “Golden Rice” for planting?
49. Which Indus Valley Civilisation site has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List recently?
A) Daimabad - Maharastra
B) Dholavira Gujarat
C) Kalibangan - Rajasthan
D) Lothal - Gujarat
50. With which country Scientists India and Russia scientists will collaborate on research that will help develop or repurpose drugs against COVID-19?
A) France and USA
B) Germany and Italy
C) UK and Brazil
D) Brazil and South Africa
51. Who has been appointed as the new prime minister of Eswatini?
A) Barnabas Dlamini
B) Absalom Dlamini
C) Cleopas Dlamini
D) Prince Jameson Mbilini
52. Who has been appointed as the Deputy Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha?
A) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
B) Prakash Javadekar
C) Narendra Singh Tomar
D) Amit Shah
53. Who was appointed as Managing Director and Director of HCL Technologies Ltd?
A) Sandeep Singh
B) Pavan Mudhgal
C) Ramesh Kumar Sachdeva
D) C. Vijayakumar
54. Which Indian is among the tax experts from around the world to be appointed as a member of the UN tax committee?
A) Kritika Mehra
B) Rasmi Ranjan Das
C) Kanika Kamra
D) Shruti Pawar Mehta
55. Who has been appointed as the Director General of Bureau of Civil Aviation Security?
A) Samesh Awasthi
B) Vikrant Saini
C) Nasir Kamal
D) Rehan Malik
56. Who has been elected as the prime minister of Lebanon?
A) Najib Mikati
B) Michel Naim Aoun
C) Abbas Sheikh
D) Hassan Nasrallah
57. Which city will host the 2032 Summer Olympic Games as announced by International Olympic Committee?
B) New York
58. In which sport Aman Gulia and Sagar Jaglan emerged as the new world cadet champions?
59. Which of the following was roped in as a sponsor for the Indian contingent at the Tokyo Olympic Games by the Indian Olympic Association?
A) Adani Group
B) Aditya Birla Group
C) Tata Group
D) Piramal Group
60. Who has been named as the AIFF Women’s Footballer of the Year 2020-21?
A) Sabitra Bhandari
B) Bala Devi
C) Anju Tamang
D) Manisha Kalyan
61. Who won the India’s first medal at Tokyo Olympics being a silver medal?
A) Mirabai Chanu
B) Pravin Jadhav
C) Saurabh Chaudhary
D) Deepika Kumari
62. Which sports organization has launched its own player-oriented web-based engagement platform, the ‘Heroes Connect’ in its bid to curate a detailed database of the players?
A) Indian Hockey Federation
B) All India Football Federation
C) Badminton Association of India
D) Indian Olympic Association
63. How many academies across the country the government accredited under Khelo India Scheme for the training of the Khelo India Athletes?
64. With which organization World Health Organisation has signed an agreement to work together to foster diversity and equity through global initiatives promoting health and sport for everybody, everywhere?
A) International Paralympic Committee
B) World Flying Disc Federation
C) International Blind Sports Federation
D) International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities
65. Which Indian wrestler won a gold medal in the 73-kg category Cadet World Championship held in Budapest, Hungary?
A) Praveen Malik
B) Vishal Kaliramana
C) Priya Malik
D) Sakshi Hooda
66. Which state government has appointed Olympic Silver Medalist Saikhom Mirabai Chanu as Additional Superintendent of Police (Sports) in the Police Department?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
67. Who has been named as the Differently Abled Sportsman of the Year at Indian Sports Honour for the year 2019?
A) Harmeet Desai
B) Pramod Bhagat
C) Sukant Kadam
D) Dilip Tirkey
68. Who has been named as the AIFF men’s Footballer of the Year for 2020-21 session?
A) Ashique Kuruniyan
B) Suresh Singh Wangjam
C) Udanta Singh
D) Sandesh Jhingan
69. What was the theme of World Brain Day 2021 which was observed on 22 July?
A) Stroke is a brain attack – prevent it and treat it
B) Migraine: The Painful Truth
C) Stop Multiple Sclerosis
D) Move Together to End Parkinson’s Disease
70. When was Pi(p) Approximation Day observed?
A) July 22
B) July 23
C) July 25
D) July 21
71. When was National Broadcasting Day celebrated in the country?
A) July 19
B) July 23
C) July 28
D) July 16
72. When was World IVF Day observed?
A) July 25
B) July 26
C) July 21
D) July 24
73. When was World Mangrove Day celebrated?
A) July 27
B) July 20
C) July 18
D) July 26
74. When was Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrated?
A) July 26
B) July 23
C) July 25
D) July 21
75. When was Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) observed its raising day?
A) July 27
B) July 26
C) June 26
76. What was the theme of World Hepatitis Day 2021 which was observed on 28 July?
A) Hepatitis-free future
B) Hepatitis Can’t Wait
C) Invest in eliminating hepatitis
D) Test. Treat.
77. What was the theme of World Nature Conservation Day 2021 which was observed on July 28?
A) Forests and Livelihoods: Sustaining People and Planet
B) Nature on your mind: understanding our values
C) Biodiversity: Focusing on pressing environmental issues
D) Connecting people to nature
78. Which district has got the prestigious National Silver SKOCH award under health category on the project called “Pushti Nirbhor”?
79. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Bank with a Soul: Equitas’?
A) Salman Sultan
B) BS Mangalwadi
C) C K Garyali
D) Vishal Rehbar
80. Along with whom Barack Obama wrote “Renegades: Born in the USA”?
A) Patti Scialfa
B) Bruce Springsteen
C) Billy Joel
D) Julianne Phillips
81. Who was conferred ‘Norman Borlaug National Award for Excellence in Agricultural Research’ by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)?
A) Shruti Joshi
B) Vinayak Ray
C) Kushal Nagpal
D) Kajal Chakraborty
82. By whom the book titled “An Ordinary Life: Portrait of an Indian Generation” has been written?
A) Sushil Chandra
B) Achal Kumar Jyoti
C) Sunil Arora
D) Ashok Lavasa
83. For which film filmmaker Payal Kapadia bagged the Oeil d’or (Golden Eye) award for Best Documentary at Cannes Film Festival?
A) The Last Mango Before the Monsoon 2014
B) A Night of Knowing Nothing
C) Afternoon Clouds
D) And What Is The Summer Saying
84. Who has authored the book titled ‘India Versus China: Why They Are Not Friends’?
A) Kumari Pooja
B) Reshma Chaddha
C) Kanti Bajpai
D) Sheela Dhiman