Current Affairs Practice Test (12-18 August 2021)
1. In which state is Aadi Pooram celebrated?
A) Andhra Pradesh
C) Tamil Nadu
2. Which city has been declared as the first Water Plus city of the country by the central government?
3. Which state government has announced Rajiv Gandhi Award for Excellence in Information Technology (IT)?
4. Which state government has renamed the ‘Kakori Kand’ to ‘Kakori Train action’ as the word ‘Kand’ denotes a sense of insult to this incident under India’s Independence struggle?
B) Uttar Pradesh
5. Where did the Indian Air Force (IAF) build one of the world’s highest mobile air traffic control (ATC) towers?
A) Arunachal Pradesh
6. From which district did Prime Minister Narendra Modi launch Ujjwala 2.0 (Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – PMUY) by handing over LPG connections?
A) Madurai – Tamil Nadu
B) Indore – Madhya Pradesh
C) Mahoba – Uttar Pradesh
D) Vadodara – Gujarat
7. Which State/UT government became the first in the country to launch the transport department’s ‘faceless’ services to bring all transport-related services online?
8. Which state government has announced to provide interest-free loan up to ?50,000 to street vendors, people in the age group of 18-40 years working in the service sector and unemployed of urban areas hit by Covid-19-induced financial crisis?
C) Madhya Pradesh
9. Which State/UT police launched a first-of-its-kind Drone Forensic Lab and Research Centre with an aim to address the rising concerns of security threat in the country?
A) Andhra Pradesh
B) Tamil Nadu
10. Which ministry has launched ‘SonChiriya’ – a brand and logo – for marketing the products of Urban Self Help Groups (SHGs)?
A) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
B) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
C) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
D) Ministry of Home Affairs
11. Which state’s pollution control board have been rated the most transparent in disclosing key environment and governance-related information in the public domain?
A) Tamil Nadu
B) West Bengal
12. Which ministry has launched an online portal Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services, or TAPAS, to offer massive open online courses (MOOC)?
A) Ministry of Rural Development
B) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
C) Ministry of Tribal Affairs
D) Ministry of External Affairs
13. At how much cost Gati Shakti National infrastructure master plan aimed at bringing employment opportunities to the youth and helping develop new economic zones across the country been launched by PM Narendra Modi?
A) Rs 210 lakh crore
B) Rs 140 lakh crore
C) Rs 100 lakh crore
D) Rs 200 lakh crore
14. By which year the central government fortify the rice distributed to the poor as announced by PM Narendra Modi?
15. Which state/UT government launched PROOF ‘Photographic Record of On-site Facility’ app?
B) Jammu and Kashmir
16. With which country’s navy Indian Navy conducted the first ever naval exercise named ‘Al-Mohed Al-Hindi 2021’?
A) Saudi Arabia
17. Where did the ‘Quad countries’ India, USA, Australia and Japan caried out Malabar exercise?
A) Mediterranean Sea
B) Persian Gulf
C) Indian Ocean
D) Arabian Sea
18. With which country India signed an agreement on monsoon data analysis and cooperation to improve weather forecasts in the region?
19. Which country test fired a nuclear-capable surface-to-surface ballistic missile Ghaznavi?
20. With which country the Tamil Nadu Government has signed a MoU to procure 2,500 buses for public transport?
21. With which country’s navy the Indian Navy participated in the Southeast Asia Cooperation and Training (SEACAT) military exercise?
22. Which of the following created a new advisory group – International Scientific Advisory Group for Origins of Novel Pathogens, or SAGO, – that will develop a global framework to study pathogens with pandemic potential?
A) World Food Programme
B) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development
C) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
D) World Health Organization
23. With which country ‘s Navy the Indian Navy held the bilateral navy exercise named ‘Exercise Konkan 2021’?
24. Which bank introduced a unique programme ‘Equitech’ to help budding fintech entrepreneurs to be mentored by industry experts and venture capitalists?
A) Equitas Small Finance Bank
B) AU Small Finance Bank
C) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
D) Capital Small Finance Bank
25. Which bank has been accredited by the RBI to be an agency bank to carry on banking transactions of the central and state governments?
A) Kotak Mahindra Bank
B) Bandhan Bank
C) RBL Bank
D) DCB Bank
26. With which of the following Small Industries Development Bank of India tied up to launch ‘Digital Prayaas’, an App based end to end digital lending platform?
B) Big Bazaar
27. Which of the following became the first Indian cryptocurrency exchange to enter the unicorn club with a $90-million (Rs 668-crore) series-C funding round?
28. To what percent retail inflation based on consumer price index (CPI) eased in July as per the data by government?
29. With which country the Exim Bank has entered into an agreement for USD 100 million line of credit for procurement of defence items from India?
A) Sri Lanka
30. With which of the following the International Air Transport Association (IATA) collaborated to facilitate international trade, particularly e-commerce?
A) United Nations Conference on Trade and Development
B) United Nations Industrial Development Organization
C) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
D) World Trade Organization
31. Which of the following has launched campaign titled #FollowPaymentDistancing to ask consumers to start ‘payment distancing’ and switch to contactless digital payments?
A) American Express
32. Which bank has announced the introduction of ‘Green & Sustainable Deposits’ to safeguard the environment from climate change?
A) HDFC Bank
B) ICICI Bank
D) IDBI Bank
33. What is the Financial Inclusion Index (FI-Index) for the period ending March 2021, introduced by the RBI?
34. What mark India’s total installed renewable energy generation capacity crossed in August 2021?
A) 100 GW
B) 150 GW
C) 200 GW
D) 300 GW
35. Which state became the first state to recognise Community Forest Resource Rights in an urban area?
B) Madhya Pradesh
36. From when the centre notified the Plastic Waste Management Amendment Rules, 2021, prohibiting manufacture, import, stocking, distribution, sale and use of identified single-use plastic (SUP) items?
A) January 1, 2022
B) December 31, 2022
C) July 1, 2022
D) September 30, 2021
37. With which institute National Health Authority has partnered to strengthen India’s response to COVID-19 crisis?
A) IIM Lucknow
B) IIT Delhi
C) IIT Ropar
D) IIM Ahmedabad
38. Which institute researchers has developed a novel method using infra-red technology to detect which patients are more at risk of becoming severely ill from COVID-19?
A) IIT Bombay
B) IISc Bengaluru
C) IIM Lucknow
D) IIT Delhi
39. Which national park became the first national park in the country to equip its forest guards with satellite phones as an anti-poaching measure?
A) Pench National Park
B) Keoladeo National Park
C) Ranthambore National Park
D) Kaziranga National Park
40. Which institute has developed the "IndiGau’, India’s first Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) based chip for the conservation of pure varieties of indigenous cattle breeds like Gir, Kankrej, Sahiwal, Ongole etc?
A) National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education And Research
B) Dr.Reddy’s Institute of Life Sciences
C) Central Research Institute for Dryland Agriculture
D) National Institute of Animal Biotechnology
41. in which state the Bhindawas Wildlife Sanctuary situated as it has been included in the Ramsar list as wetlands of international importance?
A) Jhajjar - Haryana
B) Udaipur - Rajasthan
C) Jabalpur – Madhya Pradesh
D) Nagpur – Maharashtra
42. Which mission Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced to launch on India’s 75th Independence Day?
A) National Hydrogen Mission
B) National Oxygen Mission
C) National Carbon Mission
D) National Methane Mission
43. Which institute has become the first hospital in India to house a fire station inside the hospital premises?
A) KGH Vishakhapatnam
B) NIMS Hyderabad
C) AIIMS Delhi
D) Christian Medical College Vellore
44. Where was the world’s second-largest refurbished state-of-the-art National Gene Bank inaugurated?
A) West Bengal
D) New Delhi
45. Which of the following launched an online portal ‘My e-Haat’ to empower artisans?
A) HCL Foundation
B) Infosys Foundation
C) TCS Foundation
D) Wipro Foundation
46. Which city was adjudged the second most polluted city out of the 50 ‘most polluted cities’ in the world in 2020?
47. Who is appointed as the brand ambassador of JK Tyre & Industries Ltd?
A) Armaan Ebrahim
B) Arjun Maini
C) Narain Karthikeyan
D) Karun Chandhok
48. Who has been appointed as the new chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA)?
A) Kamlesh Kumar Pant
B) Sandeep Pandit
C) Pavan Dhaiya
D) Ramesh Bhanu
49. Who has stepped down as president of Afghanistan because of Taliban coup?
A) Amrullah Saleh
B) Hamid Karzai
C) Ashraf Ghani
D) Hibatullah Akhundzada
50. Who was appointed as the new president of Zambia?
A) Edgar Chagwa Lungu
B) Levy Patrick Mwanawasa
C) Hakainde Hichilema
D) Titus Chiluba
51. Who have been named as ICC Player of the Month for July in men’s and women’s categories respectively?
A) Glenn Maxwell and Alyssa Healy
B) Babar Azam and Mithali Raj
C) Shakib Al Hasan and Stafanie Taylor
D) Rohit Sharma and Tammy Beaumont
52. Where will the 130th Edition of Durand Cup Football Tournament held?
53. Which country’s team was defeated by the Indian women team in the World Archery Youth Championships to win a gold medal held in Wroclaw, Poland?
54. Who became India’s 69th grandmaster?
A) Koneru Hampi
B) Harshit Raja
C) Vijay Anand
D) Ramesh Swaroop
55. Which bank has signed an MOU with Paralympic Committee of India to become one of the Banking Partners ahead of the Paralympic Games, Tokyo 2020?
A) Central Bank of India
B) Allahabad Bank
C) IDBI Bank
D) Indian Bank
56. Which position India’s javelin ace Neeraj Chopra gained as per the latest World Athletics Men’s Javelin Rankings?
57. What was the theme of International Youth Day 2021 which is observed annually on 12th August?
A) Youth Engagement for Global Action
B) The Road to 2030: Eradicating Poverty and Achieving Sustainable Consumption and Production
C) Transforming Food Systems: Youth Innovation for Human and Planetary Health
D) Transforming education
58. When was World Elephant Day observed?
A) August 8
B) August 6
C) August 12
D) August 11
59. When was International Left Handers Day observed?
A) August 9
B) August 13
C) August 18
D) August 11
60. When was World Organ Donation Day observed?
A) August 13
B) August 11
C) August 15
D) August 14
61. When was Partition Horrors Remembrance Day observed in India?
A) August 14
B) August 16
C) August 11
D) August 15
62. Which UT celebrated its De Jure Transfer day on August 16, 2021?
D) Jammu and Kashmir
63. Who is the editor of the book titled ‘Accelerating India: 7 Years of Modi Government’?
A) KJ Alphons
B) K. Surendran
C) A. N. Radhakrishnan
D) MT Ramesh
64. Which Indian team won the prestigious National Science Foundation Innovation-Corps (NSF I-Corps) Teams Award in the USA?
B) Rashant Innovation
C) Throttle Motors
65. Who has written the biography of Zohra Sehgal titled "Zohra! A Biography In Four Acts"?
A) Preeti Mittal
B) Rakhi Joshi
C) Ritu Menon
D) Shweta Sawant
66. Which airport has been named the world’s best airport on Skytrax’s annual ranking?
A) Hamad International Airport - Doha
B) Changi Airport - Singapore
C) Haneda Airport - Tokyo
D) Dubai International Airport - Dubai
67. Who is the writer of the book titled "Art Cinema and India’s Forgotten Futures: Film and History in the PostColony"?
A) Rochona Majumdar
B) Vishakha Pujari
C) Kriti Khanna
D) Shrishti Kamra
68. To which state Women Sub-Inspector Rita Debnath belongs to as she has been awarded the ‘Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation’ for the year 2021?
A) West Bengal
B) Arunachal Pradesh
69. Who was awarded the National Youth Award by the Union Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur in Delhi for displaying exemplary leadership qualities?
A) Arham Khan – Uttar Pradesh
B) Mohammad Azam - Telangana
C) Brijesh Gulati - Gujarat
D) Siddharth Gupta – Madhya Pradesh
70. Who is the author of the book titled ‘Ramrao: The Story of India’s Farm Crisis’?
A) Kunal Verma
B) Jaideep Hardikar
C) Roshan Lal
D) Shourabh Chatterjee
71. Who among the following has awarded Ashok Chakra in Gallantry awards 2021?
A) Vikas Khatri
B) Ashutosh Kumar
C) Neeraj Ahlawat
D) Babu Ram
72. Who among the following has awarded Kirti Chakra in Gallantry awards 2021?
A) Altaf Hussain Bhat
B) Perminder Antil
C) Chitesh Kumar
D) Manjinder Singh
73. Who is the first Indian to receive the highest civilian award in the USA?
A) Narendra Modi
B) Neeraj Chopra
C) Mahatma Gandhi
D) Jawaharlal Nehru