Current Affairs Practice Test (05-11 August 2021)
1. Which state government has launched India’s first Earthquake Early Warning (EEW) Mobile App — Bhookamp Alert?
B) Uttar Pradesh
2. Where will the India’s flagship military exhibition, DefExpo held in 2022?
3. Which state government has launched first-of-its-kind ‘Har Hith’ store scheme to promote the sale of quality products of daily need at reasonable prices?
B) Himachal Pradesh
D) West Bengal
4. Which State/UT government has announced 2047 initiative to make it a global city by 2047?
C) West Bengal
5. Which State/UT government has inked a MoU with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development to give a boost to execute development project?
B) Himachal Pradesh
6. Which UT has launched a month-long campaign–‘Pani Maah’ (water month) in August 2021 with an aim to increase the pace of implementation of Jal Jeevan Mission?
A) Daman & Diu
D) Jammu and Kashmir
7. Which State/UT government has signed a MoU with ‘Walmart Vriddhi’ and ‘Haqdarshak’ to take MSME products to international market?
A) Tamil Nadu
8. By which ministry PM-DAKSH Portal and PM-DAKSH Mobile App are developed to make the skill development schemes accessible to the target groups?
A) Ministry of Women and Child Development
B) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
C) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
D) Ministry of Rural Development
9. Which state became the first in India to implement the National Education Policy from the current academic year 2021-22?
D) Madhya Pradesh
10. Which state government will provide free treatment to COVID-19 patients under ‘Out of Pocket Treatment’ scheme?
B) West Bengal
11. Which state government has launched the ‘COVID-19 death information portal’ in the state to maintain a proper record of the number of deaths due to the virus?
B) Uttar Pradesh
12. Which state government has launched ‘doorstep healthcare’ scheme called ‘Makkalai Thedi Maruthuvam’, which is aimed at taking healthcare to the doorsteps of the people?
B) Tamil Nadu
13. Which state has launched eNagar mobile application and portal to cover 52 services like property tax, professional tax, water & drainage, etc?
D) Andhra Pradesh
14. Which state government’s IT department has won the AI Game changer Award at the Xperience-AI Summit organised by NASSCOM?
B) Madhya Pradesh
15. How much amount has been transferred to over 9.75 crore beneficiaries farmers as 9th instalment under the government’s PM-KISAN scheme?
A) Rs 19,500 crore
B) Rs 13,900 crore
C) Rs 16,800 crore
D) Rs 15,400 crore
16. How much amount the Centre will spend for a new mission to ensure self-sufficiency in edible oil production?
A) Rs 7,000 crore
B) Rs 11,000 crore
C) Rs 15,000 crore
D) Rs 12,000 crore
17. On whom Vice President of India, Venkaiah Naidu released a commemorative postage stamp?
A) Mananiya Chaman Lal
B) Nirmala Murthy
C) Indira Hirway
D) P. R. Panchmukh
18. In which country the world’s largest star sapphire cluster has been found by accident in a backyard?
C) Sri Lanka
19. From which country the Pune’s first metro will arrive in India?
20. Which country has approved the sale of Harpoon Joint Common Test Set (JCTS) and related equipment to India for an estimated cost of $82 million?
21. Which country along with Bangladesh accepted India’s invitation to join the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)?
22. Which country has joined the Community of Portuguese Language Countries, CPLP as Associate Observer in July this year?
23. Where did the G20 Culture Ministers Meeting held in August 2021?
A) Berlin, Germany
B) Tokyo, Japan
C) Rome, Italy
D) Paris, France
24. Which country attained top position in the latest world rankings on the popularity of AIR Live-Streams on NewsOnAir App?
25. Where did the bilateral exercise ‘Zayed Talwar 2021’ between Indian Navy and UAE Navy took place?
B) Abu Dhabi
D) West Bengal
26. At which place India is in the global coronavirus innovation rankings as per a report prepared by Startup Blink in association with Health Innovation Exchange, UNAIDS?
27. To chair which debate Prime Minister Narendra Modi became the first Indian Prime Minister?
A) United Nations Environment Programme
B) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
C) United Nations Security Council
D) United Nations Economic and Social Council
28. Which country will host the first Internet Governance Forum in October 2021?
29. Which country has topped the Global Youth Development Index 2020?
30. Which company topped the 2021 Fortune’s Global 500 list in terms of revenue?
A) State Grid
31. How much amount Indian government inked a loan pact worth with the World Bank to make the existing dam infrastructure safe in the country?
A) USD 320 million
B) USD 250 million
C) USD 450 million
D) USD 280 million
32. How much amount of allocation International Monetary Fund has approved in Special Drawing Rights to help countries cope with the COVID-19 pandemic?
A) $650 billion
B) $470 billion
C) $870 billion
D) $710 billion
33. What is the reverse repo rate for the quarter July-September 2021?
34. For which of the following the SEBI has allowed to carry out the activities of investment bankers?
A) Payments Banks
B) Private Sector Banks
C) Small Finance Bank
D) Non-Banking Financial Institutions
35. How much amount has been disbursed by the centre to fund the UDAN scheme?
A) Rs 1,019 cr
B) Rs 1,253 cr
C) Rs 1,982 cr
D) Rs 1,466 cr
36. With which bank National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) has signed an MoU to extend financial assistance through the bank?
A) Union Bank of India
B) Central Bank of India
C) Indian Overseas Bank
D) Punjab National Bank
37. How much amount the government has set the loans disbursement target under the PM Mudra Yojana (PMMY) for FY22?
A) Rs 9 trillion
B) Rs 7 trillion
C) Rs 5 trillion
D) Rs 3 trillion
38. Which of the following signed MoU with Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) to use latter’s warehousing facilities to provide better storage facilities to farmers?
C) IFCI Ltd
D) Food Corporation of India
39. Which of the following has launched ‘Swavalamban Challenge Fund’ (SCF) in partnership with Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office, UK (FCDO UK)?
40. Which of the following joined hands with the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) to create a research ecosystem in the area of insolvency and bankruptcy in the country?
A) National Stock Exchange
B) Bombay Stock Exchange
C) Calcutta Stock Exchange
D) Cochin Stock Exchange
41. Which company has become the fourth-largest IT company by market cap as per latest figures?
42. With which bank Indian Navy has inked a MoU to initiate ‘honour first’, a premium banking solution for serving personnel and veterans of the Indian Navy?
A) South Indian Bank
B) Bank of Baroda
C) ICICI Bank
D) IDFC FIRST Bank
43. How much amount of penalty per ATM will banks have to pay from Oct 1, if their ATM machines run out of cash beyond the stipulated time limit?
A) Rs 10,000
B) Rs 15,000
C) Rs 8,000
D) Rs 18,000
44. To how much amount RBI hiked collateral-free loans to Self Help Groups under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) from Rs 10 lakh?
A) Rs 22 lakh
B) Rs 20 lakh
C) Rs 18 lakh
D) Rs 15 lakh
45. What is the name of the high-tech carbin launched by the Ordnance Factory in Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu?
46. With which institute Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has signed a MoU for research consultancy, knowledge transfer, and collaborative projects?
A) IIT Delhi
B) IIT Guwahati
C) IIT madras
D) IIT Bombay
47. At what height the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) has constructed the world’s highest motorable road in Eastern Ladakh?
A) 19300 ft
B) 15600 ft
C) 17700 ft
D) 18400 ft
48. By which year India’s nuclear power generation capacity is expected to touch 22,480 MW from the present 6,780 MW with 22 reactors?
49. Where was the country’s first National Heart Failure Biobank (NHFB) that would collect blood, biopsies, and clinical data as a guide to future therapies inaugurated?
A) T. D. Medical College
B) Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology
C) Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences
D) LBS Institute Of Technology for Women
50. Where will the-first-of-its kind water villas be set up in India?
B) Daman and Diu
C) Andaman and Nicobar Islands
51. Which of the following has signed a MoU with Uttar Pradesh Expressways Industrial Development Authority (UPEIDA) for setting up a unit in the UP Defence Corridor?
A) Bharat Dynamics Limited
B) Ordnance Factory Board
C) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
D) BEML Limited
52. With which institute the e-commerce major Flipkart announced partnership to support and promote small businesses, artisans and weavers?
A) IIM Sambalpur
B) IIM Ranchi
C) IIM Indore
D) IIM Kashipur
53. Where will the first Bio-Bank of the world in Ayurveda be established?
B) New Delhi
54. Which of the following collaborated with UNICEF India to launch a one-year joint initiative to end violence against children with a special focus on online safety?
55. Which country in-a-first of its kind has granted a patent to DABUS, an artificial intelligence system?
A) South Africa
56. How many watt of Renewable Energy capacity Government has set a target of achieving excluding large hydro by December 2022?
A) 175 Giga Watt
B) 125 Giga Watt
C) 220 Giga Watt
D) 250 Giga Watt
57. Who was appointed as brand ambassador of Italian luxury brand Bvlgari?
A) Kiara Advani
B) Alia Bhatt
C) Deepika Padukone
D) Priyanka Chopra Jonas
58. Who has been sworn in as the president of Iran?
A) Mojtaba Hosseini
B) Musavi Khomeini
C) Ebrahim Raisi
D) Sayyid Ali Hosseini
59. Who has been re-appointed as the Non-Executive (Part Time) Chairman of RBL Bank?
A) Sandeep Krishnan
B) Pavan Sharma
C) Ramesh Sridharan
D) Prakash Chandra
60. Who has become the first woman to be appointed as director of the 105-year-old Zoological Survey of India?
A) Bala Sundari
B) Dhriti Banerjee
C) Sundari Banerjee
D) Rani Chamundi
61. Who has resigned as the coach of Women’s national hockey team?
A) Raveendran Sreejesh
B) Somwarpet Vittalacharya
C) Graham Reid
D) Sjoerd Marijne
62. Who was appointed as the RBI ambassador for a public awareness campaign to warn people against digital banking frauds?
A) Lovlina Borgohain
B) PV Sandhu
C) Mirabai Chanu
D) Neeraj Chopra
63. Who has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Eurosport India, the sports channel from broadcast network Discovery?
A) Anil Kapoor
B) John Abraham
C) Abhishek Bachchan
D) Karan Johar
64. On whose name the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest sporting honour of India, has been renamed by the union government?
A) Keshav Dutt
B) Major Dhyan Chand
C) Sardar Singh
D) Milkha Singh
65. To which country Mohammad Rizwan belongs to as he has surpassed Paul Stirling’s record to claim the record for scoring the most run in T20 internationals in a single calendar year?
C) Sri Lanka
66. To which event the entire India’s Olympic contingent at Tokyo Olympics will be special guests as invited by PM Narendra Modi?
A) Republic Day 2022
B) Swearing in ceremony of Rajya Sabha members
C) Swearing in ceremony of Lok Sabha members
D) Independence Day 2021
67. In which category sports event Lovlina Borgohain has won bronze medal at Tokyo Olympics?
A) Boxing Welterweight
C) Modern Pentathlon
68. What is India’s position in Tokyo Olympics?
69. Where will be the next edition of Olympics Games take place?
70. What was the name of the mascot of Tokyo Olympics?
A) Athena and Phevos
B) The Fuwa
D) Vinicius and Tom
71. Whose record the England fast bowler James Anderson overtook to become the third highest wicket taker in Test cricket after Muttiah Muralitharan and Shane Warne?
A) Kapil Dev
B) Zaheer Khan
C) Anil Kumble
D) Sourav Ganguly
72. Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of home interiors company, Home Lane?
A) Sachin Tendulkar
B) Rohit Sharma
C) Virat Kohli
D) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
73. Which state government has appointed Team India’s hockey player Vandana Katariya as the brand ambassador of the state’s Department of Women Empowerment and Child Development?
A) Uttar Pradesh
74. When was Hiroshima Day observed?
A) August 2
B) August 6
C) August 7
D) August 4
75. When was National Handloom Day observed?
A) August 5
B) August 8
C) August 4
D) August 7
76. On which day the Quit India Movement is celebrated?
A) August 2
B) August 7
C) August 8
D) August 9
77. What was the theme of International Day of the World’s Indigenous Peoples 2021 which was observed on August 9?
A) Diversity of unique cultures, traditions, languages, and knowledge systems
B) Leaving no one behind: Indigenous peoples and the call for a new social contract
C) COVID-19 and indigenous peoples’ resilience
D) A Decade for Action and Dignity
78. When was World Lion Day observed?
A) August 11
B) August 10
C) August 10
D) August 6
79. What was the theme for World Biofuel Day 2021 which was observed on August 10?
A) Biofuels: the future of energy
B) Biofuels towards Atmanirbhar Bharat
C) Biofuels for Sustainability and Rural Income
D) The promotion of biofuels for a better environment
80. Which day will be observed as ‘Javelin Throw Day’ in India to honour Neeraj Chopra’s first historic Olympic gold?
A) August 7
B) August 8
C) August 9
D) August 6
81. By whom the book titled "My Own Mazagon" is authored?
A) Kunal Awasthi
B) Pulkit Goswami
C) Kumar Aadesh
D) Ramesh Babu
82. By whom the eBook titled "A Different Route to Success" is written?
A) Ramesh Narayan
B) Kamal Hussain
C) Gaurav Saini
D) Aditya Mishra
83. Whom along with Dr C Rangarajan has been conferred the Prof CR Rao Centenary Gold Medal (CGM)?
A) Dr Satish Verma
B) Dr Jagdish Bhagwati
C) Dr Munish Nagpal
D) Dr Vikrant Saini
84. Who has authored the book titled "Balakot Air Strike: How India Avenged Pulwama"?
A) Manan Bhatt
B) Khushal Jindal
C) Abhishek Gupta
D) Vikram Kumar
85. Who is the author of the book titled ‘A Begum and A Rani’?
A) Suryansh Bansal
B) Mohit Gaba
C) Rudrangshu Mukherjee
D) Khushal Khan
86. In which country India assisted Mangdechhu Hydroelectric Project and won the Brunel Medal awarded by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), London?
C) Sri Lanka
87. Who is the author of the book titled "The Year That Wasn’t – The Diary of a 14-Year-Old"?
A) Kirti Sachdeva
B) Srishti Gaba
C) Brisha Jain
D) Shruti Joshi
88. Who is the author of the book titled ‘How The Earth Got Its Beauty’?
A) Bhavna Seth
B) Ran Mukerjee
C) Sudha Murty
D) Kashvi Gupta