Assam Grants Industry Status to Its Tourism Sector
- As the growth in the tourism sector is vital for socio-economic development in a state, the Assam State Cabinet led by CM HimantaBiswaSarma approved the proposal for grant of industrial status to the tourism sector in the state.
- It has been highlighted that with such industry status, fresh investments in tourism infrastructures permanent in nature will contribute towards rapid employment generation, public-private partnership and infrastructure development.
- With the grant of industry status to the tourism sector, now, restaurants, cafeterias, health clubs, spas and wellness centres among others are eligible for incentives under the industrial policy. This move will further encourage and boost private investment in the above areas of the tourism sector.
- The newly-implemented policy aims for sustainable and environmentally friendly investment besides capital formation and the creation of gainful employment. The ministry also said mentioned that the infrastructure can be developed through Public Private Partnership (PPP) mode, which will contribute to the overall development of the region.
- Assam has now become a nationally and internationally acclaimed all-season tourist destination for its unique wildlife, bio-diversity and experience of an unexploited wonderland. Tourism is to be one of the main sources of income generation for the people over the years.
November Weekly Current Affairs (Awards) Bitbank: Who has won the UN's highest environmental award from India?
>> Download Current Affairs PDFs Here
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 23 Dec 2022 05:58PM