'India will have 200-220 more airports in next 5 years': Jyotiraditya Scindia
- India will have 200-220 more airports, heliports, and water aerodromes, said Union Civil Aviation Minister JyotiradityaScindia on 7 June.
- In just 9 years the number of airports doubled in the country from 74 to 148.
- There were some states in the region where there were no airports but today, Arunachal Pradesh has three new airports, Sikkim also has an airport now.
- Meanwhile, on 5 June, reports arrived that the civil aviation ministry will meet with airlines regarding the escalating airfares on specific routes in recent weeks.
- As per the report, airfares have witnessed a significant surge, particularly following the suspension of operations by crisis-affected airline Go First starting on May 3.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 07 Jun 2023 05:59PM