India will have 122 unicorns in 25 cities within next 2-4 years
- According to a report by the Hurun Research Institute titled Hurun India Future Unicorn Index 2022, India is predicted to have 122 new unicorns in the following 2-4 years. The total worth of these potential unicorns is currently 49 billion US dollars. When a startup is valued at $1 billion USD, it is considered to be a Unicorn.
- The survey states that 63% of these businesses focused on consumer-facing businesses, while the remaining 37% belonged to the business-to-business (B2B) industry that provided services to the financial services, logistics, healthcare, and education sectors.
- The report has divided would-be unicorns into three groups: Gazelles, which are startups with the greatest likelihood of becoming unicorns in the next two years, and Cheetahs, which are startups with the potential to become unicorns in the following four years.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 02 Jul 2022 05:54PM