Indian American Harini Logan Wins 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Harini Logan, an Indian origin girl, won the 2022 Scripps National Spelling Bee
- Harini Logan, a 14-year-old Indian-American eighth-grader from Texas.
- Ms Logan beat Vikram Raju, another Indian origin student, who studies in Class 7 in Denver.
- Ms Logan spelled 21 words correctly, her opponent could only manage 15, leading to her win.
- The Bee was cancelled in 2020 - for the first time since World War II - due to the coronavirus pandemic. But there were eight co-champions in 2019, seven of whom were Indian Americans.
Published date : 04 Jun 2022 07:13PM