AP Tenth Class Physical Science Heat(EM) Important Questions
Physical ScienceImportant Questions
1 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. Covert 20°C into Kelvin scale.
2. During the winter season we observed that the water droplets in the grass. How are these droplets formed on the grass/flowers/window panes?
3. Preethamobserved that during melting the temperature remains constant for certain time. What is the reason behind that and explain process of melting?
4. A is in thermal equilibrium with B and B is in thermal equilibrium with C. If the temperature of A is 400, then what is the temperature of C in Kelvin?
5. Why do we sweat while doing a work?
6. What happens to the water when wet clothes dry?
7. Equal amounts of water are kept in a cap and in a dish. Which will evaporate faster? Why?
8. Does the temperature of water rise continuously if heat is supplied to it continuously?
2 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. Why do we get dew on the surface of a cold soft drink bottle kept in open air?
2. If you are chilly outside the shower stall, why do you feel warm after the bath if you stay in bathroom?
3 What happens to the water when wet clothes dry?
4. Equal amounts of water are kept in a cap and in a dish. Which will evaporate faster?Why?
5 What role does specific heat capacity play in a watermelon to keep it cool for long time after removing it from a fridge on a hot day?
6. Your friend is not able to differentiate between evaporation and boiling. What questions do you ask to make him know the differences between evaporation and boiling?
Anitha is confused about the differences between evaporation and boiling. The teacher clarified the differences by asking some questions to Anitha. What questions may ask by Anitha’s Teacher?
7. We use the Pots in the summer season. Why does the water kept in a pot remain cool?
8. Write the differences between evaporation and boiling?
9 One day Supraja eats samosa. She observed the curry inside the samosa hot but the samosa is cold. What questions may raise in her mind?
4 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. Answer these.
a) How much energy is transferred when 1gm of boiling water at 100°C condenses to water at10000C?
b) How much energy is transferred when 1gm of boiling water at 100°Ccools to waterat 0°C?
c) How much energy is transferred when 1gm of water at 0°C freezes to ice at 0°C?
d) How much energy is transferred when 1gm of steam at 100oC turns to ice 0°C?
2. Explain the procedure of finding specific heat of solid experimentally.
(or) Latha wants to place a lid of more specific heat on a cooking vessel. For that she wants to know the specific heat of aluminium and copper. What are the appratus she required ? How would she conducts this experiment?
3. Suggest an experiment to prove that rate of evaporation of liquid depends on its surface area and vapor already present in surrounding air.
4. How do you appreciate the role higher specific capacity value of water in stabilizing atmospheric temperature during winter and summer seasons?